- 1 Features of FeedBurner
- 2 Guide to set up FeedBurner RSS feed:
Features of FeedBurner
- It’s free, simple to use
- Offers some great email newsletter features like free email subscription, email delivery time, and email subject title.
- There is no limit to the number of subscribers using Feedburner.
- You can also use Adsense for feeds to monetize FeedBurner feeds.
- More options for branding, controlling and tracking your feed and email subscriber.
A couple of points to take care:
- Whenever you are starting a new Blog, make sure you burn the feed from the first day.
- From SEO perspective, it’s a good idea to use keyword or brand name in your feed name. It makes it easier to spot among various other feeds.
This is a guide for Blogspot or WordPress bloggers who are still using the default feed provided by blog platform. Learn how to set up RSS feed using FeedBurner.
Guide to set up FeedBurner RSS feed:
1. Open Google FeedBurner page and sign in using your Gmail or Google apps account. On the first page, you will see an option to add your blog URL. If it’s a new WordPress blog, create a dummy post (test post) to set up feedBurner.
2. Copy your blog feed URL and paste it as shown in the picture and click on next.
For any WordPress blog your default feed would be something like : http://domain.com/feed .Replace domain.com with actual domain name.
3. In the next page specify the feed name. Keep it same as your domain name. In case if you have a long domain name, you can use the short name for your feeds. Ex: SML (). If you are creating a micro niche site, you should Prefer using your Keyword in Feed title, it’s make your feed reach to more target audience.
4. In the next screen , you will get a confirmation message stating that your feed is ready.
So now you have successfully created a fedburner feed for your blog. Now, all you need to do is install feedburner feedsmith plugin or FD feedburner plugin, and redirect all WordPress default feeds to Feedburner feed. These plugins are simple to configure, and once done, it will automatically take care of redirection. Now, you can make many changes in your Feedburner account, that will ensure you make most out of Email delivery, and feeds. Here are some articles, that will help you to get started:
How to change feedburner Email delivery time
How to change Feedburner Email subject title for better CTR
How to configure Feedburner free Email delivery option
There are many other settings which we need to do to optimize your feeds after burning it using Feedburner, which we will cover in the next upcoming posts.
As a free option, Feedburner is the best but I miss many features when I compare to other paid and cheap options available in the market. Here is a post in which I tried to find out changes, which might make Feedburner best free Email service in Future.
How Feedburner can become Best free Email marketing tool
Do let us know if you faced any problem while setting up your RSS feed?